Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
Permanent URI for this community
Browsing Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine by Issue Date
Now showing 1 - 16 of 16
Results Per Page
- ItemVeterinary Clinic(2018-04-01)Where diagnosis and treatment of diseases in different animal species admitted to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine or through field services.
- ItemAn- Najah Agricultural Research and Training Centre(2018-04-01)The centre offers the faculty students training programmes over a period of a full growing season. These programmes train students on speeding up crop growth, implement the integrated pest management controls approach and becoming experts in controlling the environmental conditions in the field.
- ItemFeed Analysis & Milk Hygiene Lab.(2018-04-01)Experiments & practical training for students are conducted in this laboratory on the methods used to estimate the proportion (%) of protein, fat , fiber and calories in samples of feed and food, and that is done by using devices with high-tech and sophisticated , as well as performing the experiments and the process that is used to estimate (test) the milk hygiene from the physical , chemical and microbiological aspects. In addition, it can be used for performing experiments and practical exercises concerning tests of soil and irrigation, due to the readiness of the laboratory of tools, equipment and materials.
- ItemResearch &Tissue Culture Unit Lab.(2018-04-01)In this laboratory , all the relevant scientific researches are conducted due to the availability of sophisticated laboratory instruments for scientific research and is also used to prepare all animal tissues in order to conduct studies on them.
- ItemAnimal Production Unit(2018-04-01)The Animal experimental station has been established when the Faculty was re-located in its new campus in Khadouri-Tulkarm. The farm is used for training of students majoring in animal production and protection and for conducting researches by the academic staff. The animal experimental station has different sections which include: 1- Dairy Farm- houses a herd of 50 Holestein Friesian dairy cows. These high yielding cows are used for training of the animal science students as well as veterinary medicine students in management , nutrition and health aspects .The farm is equipped with up to date facilities. It also has a mini-dairy processing unit. 2-Sheep and Goats farm- houses a variety of sheep and goat breeds; like Awassi and Assaf for sheep and saanen, Damascus, and Anglo-Nubian for goats. These breeds are characterized by their production, productivity and resistance to disease .This flock is available for training sheep and goat farmers in the northern part of the country. 3-Rabbit Farm- houses a variety of rabbit breeds including domestic and exotic rabbits. Students are trained on aspect of rabbit production , management and nutrition . Rabbit are also2 used for research and practical classes in the department of animal production and veterinary medicine . 4-Poultry Farm- houses broiler and well as egg laying hens.The farm has several broiler units . The farm has several broiler units. These units are used to train students in the department and to carry out research project by masters students from the faculty of higher studies. 5-Equine Farm- houses a number of horses that are used for training purposes .Students are subjected to training in aspect like handling , management, and health issues of horses. 6-An Apiary- houses several bee hives for student training .
- ItemDairy Production Unit(2018-04-01)The plant comes to close the cycle of dairy production from field to table in the same site where feed, milk production and dairy products are taking place. The first stage of production comprises of production of Pasteurized cheese and Labaneh in addition to goat, ewes and cattle pasteurized milk all produced under supervision of qualified staff. AS part of our mission to provide practical teaching in Dairy processing and Food microbiology this dairy plant plays a complementary role to achieve our goals in addition to linking with the local community of schools and colleges.
- ItemParasitology lab.(2018-04-01)Experimentation and practical training is done in this laboratory on finding out & examining the internal parasites (which parasitize within the body of the organism like worms in its different kinds.) and external parasites (which parasitize on the body of the organism from the outside, such as ticks, and fleas -etc.) , by optical microscopes through samples brought by students from the field for testing, then diagnosed for the disease and treatment. This laboratory can be used for experiments and practical training for other courses such as Animal Physiology and others.
- ItemPlant Tissue Culture Lab.(2018-04-01)Practical training for students, on the processes of how to plant tissue culture for propagation is performed in this laboratory; where the preparation of plant media is done to be used for the cultivation of the nodes and the buds, then putting them in the appropriate temperature , humidity and lighting conditions, so that these circumstances allow for the growth of the nodes and the buds. After growth they are placed in the soil to prepare seedlings.
- ItemPlant Protection Lab.(2018-04-01)In this laboratory; students learn the practical ways that are used to examine the infected plants under different microscopes in order to diagnose the disease and find out the causing and the treatment. The type and classification of insects is done also in this laboratory through practical training of network fishing then putting insects on plates and in collecting boxes. This laboratory can be used for experiments and practical training for other courses such as Botany , Genetics and others.
- ItemAnatomy & Histology Lab.(2018-04-01)The experimental trainings are performed in this laboratory in order to teach students on the structural composition of animal body . (the study of the structure and organization of living organisms and the structure of different organs). Furthermore, practical trainings are performed on how to take samples from the body of animals (Biopsy or Necropsy) and to teach students how to prepare sliced tissue by the use of modern devices (Tissue processor & Microtome) according to scientific methods, then examining slides under microscopes, to see the histological structure of the different body organs as well as the diagnosis of affected organs histologically. This lab. also could be used for the application of experiments and practical training for other courses.
- ItemPlants Incubation Lab.(2018-04-01)This laboratory is used to educate and train students through experiments on how to improve the plants by pollination (Crossing) on seedlings, that placed under appropriate conditions of temperature , humidity and lighting. It is controlled by heat through the air-conditioning system exists in the laboratory, it is controlled from moisture by using a humidifier , and intensity of light is controlled by using light controlling system . In the case of successful pollination, the transfer of seedlings into the field is done to be cultivated, then the follow-up and harvest the seeds. In addition, agricultural researches for postgraduate students (heavy elements, drought and salinity) are conducted in this laboratory.
- ItemVirology & Immunology Lab.(2018-04-01)All tests and practical exercises related to viruses and methods of isolation, as well as immunology (serological tests) are performed in this laboratory, using devices with high-tech and modern. It could be used also as a laboratory for the application of the experiments and practical exercises for other courses.
- ItemPharmacology & Toxicology Lab.(2018-04-01)In this laboratory, the performance of experiments and practical exercises that show the extent of the influence of medicine and its dose on laboratory animals (rabbits, mice, --- etc) are done, as well as the teaching of students about drug formulation in its different forms , plus others. Furthermore, in this laboratory, experimentation and practical exercises are also conducted on practical chemistry of its different kinds; such as general chemistry, analytical and organic and biochemistry, due to readiness of this laboratory in tools and chemicals and extensions of water and gas --- etc.
- ItemMicrobiology Lab.(2018-04-01)In this lab; different experiments and practical training are conducted to teach students how to prepare the medias which are used for the growth of microorganisms , as well as how to perform staining for microorganisms , then the use of optical microscopes for diagnoses then treatment. Students are also trained on how to conduct sensitivity tests for the bacteria that was detected from the samples which have been received from the internal field (the farm) as well as from samples of the external field (abroad).
- ItemPlant Production Unit(2018-04-01)The plant production farm consists of several plastic houses, nursery, open field, experimental plot, olive and fruit tree orchard. 1. Plastic houses: Three Plastic houses of one dunum each are cultivated with vegetables all around the year, thus providing an opportunity for the students to see and practice all the agricultural practices including; pruning ,training, irrigation , fertigation and pests control. the fourth plastic house is devoted for aquaculture using different techniques of hydroponic, mainly the thin film procedure, this is a new system which was established by the students enrolled in the training course in plant production, the course is compulsory for senior students. The system is computerized in which water inlet and fertilizer application is controlled. 2. The Nursery: It consists of 250m2 plastic house, this unit is used for propagating fruit trees, vegetables and ornamental plants, it is also used for teaching the practical part of plant propagation and nursery course. 3. Open field: This area is mainly used to cultivate vegetable in both fall and summer seasons, as well as for training students. 4. Experimental plot: This a protected area for conducting research by staff and graduate students. In this plot, different experiments are conducted in different fields including; Salinity and field crops, crop evaluation, landraces characterization, reuse of treated water, and evaluation of cultivation methods. 5. Fruit orchard: the orchard consists of different fields of citrus, stone fruits, pome fruit and grape, the orchard is mainly devoted for student training within the curriculum. the purpose of establishing these orchard is mainly to train students enrolled in fruit tree course on the different training and pruning methods of fruit trees, fertilization flowering habit and harvesting.
- ItemNutrition & Food Technology Lab.(2018-04-01)This laboratory contains the devices that are characterized by high technical capacity to meet the requirements of Nutrition Department. In this laboratory, experiments and practical exercises are conducted on the application of all procedures and tests necessary for food, in terms of safety and components and methods of manufacturing --- etc, such as food processing and storage, meat processing technology, chemistry of food analysis, meals planning, milk analyzing , food microbiology - etc. Furthermore, in this laboratory, activities by students are performed in order to prepare some meals with nutritional benefit to the body , and to calculate the amount of calories in it, then distribute it free of charge to students.