Now showing 1 - 5 of 662
- ItemAnalysis and Improvement of Hazardous Traffic Locations (Black Spots) in Nablus Governorate(2023) Lama Majdi Odeh; Mira Ra’ed Hijjawi; Tareq Ayman NazzalWith the constant increase in motorization levels, road crashes have been increasing in many parts of the world, including Palestine. Road sections or intersections with high traffic crashes are typically referred to as “Black Spots.” This project focuses on the black spots in Nablus' Governorate. Nablus Governorate is located in the north of the West Bank. it is the heart of various economic and educational centers, as well as a densely populated area with a large number of vehicles. Nablus is the Palestinian Governorate with a high frequency and rate of road crashes. Mainly, this project aims to analyze the existing formula to detect the black spots in Palestine and modify the formula as needed taking into consideration crash frequency, rate, and severity. The types of crashes and their causes at the black spots in Nablus Governorate are analyzed. The black spots data was collected from the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH) Mapping Portal web and traffic crash data for these spots were collected based on crash reports from the General Directorate of Palestinian Police. A modified formula to detect black spots in Palestine, taking Nablus Governorate as a case study is presented. Also, proposed improvements for the black spot locations are provided. These improvements might include geometric and traffic improvements, needed education and awareness, and enforcement, among others. Furthermore, recommendations at the policy level will be provided.
- ItemSkid Resistance Study of Black Spots in Selected Streets in Nablus City(2022) Areen Abu Sheikah; Rassmya Nazzal; Ahmad SaifyDriving safety is important in the automotive and transportation systems industries. Skid resistance on sidewalks has long been recognized as the most important factor in reducing traffic accidents, especially in wet conditions. Knowing the coefficient of friction and skid resistance is very valuable information to enhance road safety. Good road surface construction is very important to reduce road accidents caused by slipping problem. Thus, it is important to find suitable methods for measuring the slip resistance and friction properties of the pavement surface. There is a wide variety of measurement methods and devices for measuring skid resistance. Several instruments were used, such as the British pendulum that was used in this research. Previous studies showed the dependence of friction resistance on several factors, the most important of which are the humidity condition and temperature, the asphalt mixture that makes up the street asphalt, and the percentage of bitumen used. In addition care must be taken to adhere to specifications to ensure an appropriate friction value for street, also to regular street maintenance. In this study, field readings were taken of the slip resistance of black dots in the streets of the western region of the city of Nablus in humid conditions and then analyzed the data of the study and compared it with the specifications and suggested appropriate economic solutions for the streets that did not meet the specification. The aim of this project is to take advantage of these data to investigate the effects of slip resistance Pavement on traffic accidents. The project team found the following: the lowest value of skid resistance number was 38 for the following streets: Yaffa Street; specifically in two locations (Matab opposite Al-Saad Furniture) and Ain Al-Sabiyan near Al-Rashad School (junction). Al Montazah Street got the same value and also in two locations; in front of (the family garden at the bend) and at the traffic light (near Annab Restaurant) .Another value that equals 39 was obtained at the beginning of Yaffa street junction. At the roundabout, the lowest value was 46 on Tunis Street (Tunis roundabout from the side of the Malhees Factory). As for the slopes, the lowest value was 43 at the beginning of Al-Ain camp. Based on the data available in the study of the previous team, these places are the most exposed to accidents.
- ItemThe Design and Construction of an Artificial Island in the Mediterranean Sea(2022) Anas Omar Jaim; Ameed Yousef zubaidi; Nidal firas khalilPalestine is located at the heart of the World map. It looks like a bridge between the three major continents, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Its location is very important geopolitically and also for commerce between all parts of the World. Therefore, Palestine should have a sea port that is located at a chosen area at the Mediterranean Sea to serve all needed goals. In this project, we will choose an area that is most adequate to accommodate the sea Port needed. For various reasons we found that the sea port will consist of two parts, One is the port and facilities at the sea shore itself. And the other is an artificial island That should be constructed in front of that area and connected to it. Our goal, in this project, is to study and design the proposed island and the best way For its construction. The suggested shape of the artificial island is Palestine shape even fits the available space, with surface area equal to 30000 m2 (3 hectare). The island is located about 200 m from the beach. To facilitate access to the island, ships and boats will be used as a mode of transportation because it's a cheap mode and to add. some fun and entertainment for visitors instead of using the bridge.
- ItemDesign of footing for a cable stayed bridge(2022) Aya salibi; Dania Banimenneh; Rabee Musa; Samer BahlaqSuspension bridges are structures built over waterways or between valleys to connect between two points that are difficult to reach; in our case the bridge will connect an artificial island with the Palestinian coast in the Mediterranean to case transportation between them. In this project, some important aspects should be covered such as the location of the bridge, depth of the footing, types of footings, types of bridges and the process of building the bridge. The main objectives of making the bridge are making an easy way for people to transport and give a completion outlook for the area. our work is limited to study the site and then make analysis design of the bridge's footings, the project will start with an introduction mainly about bridges, then mention the different types of bridges based on the objectives of the bridge, topography, budget and materials, and will discuss the obstacles of the process of making the bridge project.
- ItemFoundation System Analysis and Design of Alawneh Building(2022) Ahmad Bustami; Osama Al-Zayed; Osayd Abu Diak; Amir ThabetThe main idea of this study is to provide detailed and collective information about types of foundation, there advantages and disadvantages, suitable conditions and design the case study construction. The idea of this graduation project is to select and design the most suitable foundation system for Alawneh building, this structure is a residential building with 7 floors. Geotechnical report of site shows that the soil is weak and has low bearing capacity, so improvements to the soil with base course and rockfill are needed, according to this the new properties and bearing capacity of soil will be determined and then select the best type of foundation. Finally, a suitable foundation system will be selected and designed according to specifications, all foundation details like (thickness, size, ….etc.) will be prepared.