- ItemSolar-powered water pumping system(2023-01-03) ● Abdelrahman Braik; ● Bisan NazzalThe economy of Palestine depends mainly on agriculture, this requires different types of irrigation, which is practised at different levels around the world. With the increase in crop yields, irrigation systems continue to consume large amounts of traditional energy such as electricity and fuel. With the rise in diesel prices and the difficulty of transporting it to remote places, the need for a system that reduces this has increased significantly. The photovoltaic system is ideal, especially in areas with no electrical network. A solar-powered automatic irrigation system provides a sustainable solution to enhance water use efficiency in agricultural fields by using a renewable energy system that protects the environment from emissions. This photovoltaic (PV) irrigation system will contribute to social and economic development. It is the proposed solution to the energy crisis for Palestinian farmers. In this project, the following main points will be discussed: 1. Methods for designing and sizing photovoltaic pumping system in Nablus and Tulkarm 2. PVsyst software 3. Estimating the Optimum Tilt Angles for South-Facing Surfaces in Palestine. 4. The difference in emissions produced with the two systems. 5. Savings($). The water volume power increased by 2.13% monthly, 1.6% quarterly, 1.4 semi-annually, and 0% annually in Nablus, when the tilt angle was changed. In Tulkarm the water volume power increased 3.41% monthly, 2.78% quarterly, 2.85% semi-annually, and 0% annually. When the Photovoltaic (PV) system was used instead of the diesel generators, the yearly savings for Nablus were $12,586 and were $12,338 for Tulkarm. Emissions produced by the Photovoltaic (PV) pumping system are 0Kg CO2 per year compared to the massive amount of emissions produced by the diesel generator, being 27,506.4Kg CO2 per year.
- ItemAutomatic Burgar Machine(2023-01-15) Saleh abualiBecause of the booming fast food and restaurant industry in Palestine, butchers are seeing an increase in demand for burgers in particular. The manual force makes around 100 burgers per hour with low quality, varying weight, and low precision, but the machine produces about 500-2000 burgers per hour with high accuracy and weight, and there is also a significant cost for importing such burger making machine from other countries such as China, Germany, and Turkey. Manufacturing such a machine domestically will be far less expensive and easier to maintain in the Future. In order to satisfy the needs of the local market for such machines, a model of an affordable burger-making machine is designed and fabricated in this project, the model was produced for the benefit of a local Butchery shop in Qalqilya city called (The butchery of Qalqilya), who provided the financial support under ABET agreement template. In this project, the design and manufacturing of the Automatic Burger Machine was completed, several problems were overcome, and the market was researched in West Bank cities, including butcheries and restaurants because they are the main targets customers. Solidworks program was used in the conceptual design then it was also used for the final Design for Manufacturing model. The Design of the final model was completed and delivered to a local manufacturing company (National manufacturing Company) to fabricate the machine under an agreement signed by the beneficiary (Butchery of Qalqilya) and the manufacturer; the agreement gave the project team the permeation to participate in the manufacturing process, and assembly of the control system for the machine. The obtained machine is able to produce high quality packed burger pieces with an adjustable production rate varying from 300-1000 piece per hour. The machine is standardized to give 100g burger with 13cm diameter and 8mm thickness, this standard size can be easily customized by changing the moulds size.
- Item3-AXIS WOOD MILLING CNC MACHINE(2022) Ameer Odeh; Nidal Al-dari; Sadele RabayaMechatronics engineers use technology and techniques to find solutions to problems concerning time and effort. Computer numeric control (CNC) machines are very important in industrial applications from small-scale industrial workshops to large companies. 3-Axis Milling CNC Machine can produce more complicated, more accurate, less waste material and time-efficient products. In general, CNC machines became very common in several industrial operations. CNC machines are used for metal shaping; such as Plasma machines, Laser machines, and tool operating machines. CNC machines are also, used for wood shaping such as the proposed CNC milling machine. The 3-Axis Wood Milling CNC Machine is a three-axis machine, where a three-dimensional design is prepared by computer software, that's called computer-aided design (CAD). The proposed wood milling CNC machine is expected to produce wood products of complicated shapes that could be for decorations. This project will cover the basic components of CNC machines, mechanical design portions, electric components such as controllers and motors, and eventually the programming part of the machine will be accomplished. We also added all this information and knowledge that was researched and investigated to reach the most accurate information for the production of the machine. The result was identical to the information presented in this research.
- ItemRemote Lab(2022) Abdullah Bishtawi; Anagheem Daraghmeh; Baha Zakarni; Marah Shubeiri; Dina Hassoun; Mohannad Abuzanet; Firas RbaiahRemote labs enable students to conduct real-world experiments at a distance using a computer and Web-based tools. It is a realistic method of performing practical experiments in the context of distance learning. The main objective of this project is to create an efficient remote lab network in the Heat Lab. In this project, we will focus on the heat exchanger experiment by using a flow chart and a circuit design to take the measurements from the sensors and send them through the controller to the computer. As an infrastructure, we will use a server to transfer the results and we will build a software application that enables students to control the lab. Additionally, we aim to check the quality of the system and the students’ performance before and after RL by applying specific performance indicators. In this phase of the project, we have created a survey to examine students’ opinions in regards to the usage of remote labs vs. the usage of the traditional labs. Survey results showed that students preferred the traditional Labs over the remote ones. In this study, an attempt to make a modular control system was made to control the already existing machines and workbenches in the different laboratories in An-Najah National University, from anywhere remotely, turning said laboratories and their experiments into a remote lab. The heat exchanger workbench in the thermodynamics lab was the subject of the proposed system, and it ended up being a success, enabling anyone with access to the system to control and use the machines on the bench while monitoring them through live feed cameras, thus turning it into a remote lab experiment
- ItemVacuum Forming Machine Design(2022) Ahmad Hamadneh; Hamdan AwayesThis project consists of designing and creating a vacuum forming machine. It aims to use simple and economic materials for the making of a reliable machine that makes products with acceptable dimensions and finishes to integrate them within the local market. The applications of the machine are expected to meet the increasing local demands on products of relatively small quantities. In addition, Vacuum-forming helps with what is called “Rapid Prototyping” that allows the development of new products and prototypes over simple wood patterns. This grants the owner of the machine good control over their small business. Vacuum forming machines are hard to buy due to their high prices and the complexity of importing such machines here in Palestine. In this project, we built the vacuum forming machine from scratch. We had done so by studying the process of vacuum forming and then made decisions for the parts and sizes based on the electrical, mechanical and software nature of the machine desired. These parts are assembled and put together in the most efficient manner to get the best possible outcome. The machine works with different types of thermoplastics; it deals with each type of plastic depending on its chemical properties and thickness by controlling the heating time to get the best results. The main objectives of this project are: 1. To build a reliable Vacuum Forming machine. 2. To provide model makers, design studios, product R & D labs, and college students with cheap and acceptable designs as an alternative to the 3D printer or CNC machined parts that are usually more expensive. Noting that in the West Bank there are no vendors that offer Vacuum-forming services for relatively small quantities. 3. Help small businesses by providing them with a good vacuum forming services while not requiring very large quantities to be produced.