Now showing 1 - 5 of 40
- ItemAN EVALUATIVE STUDY OF READING PLUS BOOK FOR THE 11TH AND 12TH GRADE STUDENTS AS PERCEIVED BY TEACHER AND STUDENT IN JENIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS(جامعة النجاح الوطنية, 2022-06-07) Al-Ardah, ImanThe goal of this study was to assess the Reading Plus book for 11th and 12th grade students and teachers in the Jenin governorate. The researcher employed a hybrid strategy to attain this goal. Data was collected through survey questionnaires and interviews during the academic year 2020-2021. The total degree of students' perspective toward the Reading Plus book was 3.33, indicating a reasonable level of estimation, according to quantitative methodologies. The results revealed that the variables of gender, grade, and school had no differences (α≤ 0.05) in the perspectives of eleventh and twelfth graders toward the attractiveness of the text, the subject and content, exercises, the language type, the language skills, and the context of Reading Plus Book. While the qualitative method revealed that English language teachers had positive attitudes toward the language type, language skills, and attractiveness of the English Reading Plus textbook, the quantitative method revealed that English language teachers had negative attitudes toward the language type, language skills, and attractiveness of the English Reading Plus textbook. English teachers were critical of the Reading Plus Book's content, themes, exercises, and context. Based on these findings, the researcher advised curricula designers to make changes to the comprehension activities and content of Reading Plus BOOK in order to meet modern currents in the teaching and educational process, such as following different and complementary kinds of curriculum mainly reading strategies.
- ItemTHE EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS GENERATED BY GENERAL SECONDARY EXAMINATION ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AMONG SECOND SECONDARY CLASS STUDENTS: PERCEIVED SELF-EFFICACY AND PERFECTIONISM AS MODERATORS VARIABLES(جامعة النجاح الوطنية, 2022-06-09) Kilani, WalidTheoretical background: The secondary stage is considered an important educational stage, because it leaves traces on the student's future professionally. As a result, the 12th grade students in Palestine undergo academic psychological stress; this stage is accompanied by stress and anxiety on the student which affects the exam performance. Perfectionism is positively correlated to the students' exam performance and an indicator of academic achievement such as grade point average. Perceived self-efficacy is considered as a standard to predict grades, achievement. Objective: The current study's aim was measure the effect of psychological stress generated by general high school exam on academic performance among high school students. Methods: Eighty-two high school students (12th grade) in Bethlehem Governorate that were intended to apply for the General secondary examination (GSE) in 2020/2021 academic year. The Arabic version of academic Perceived self-efficacy (Hakim, 2015) was used, and the Multidimensional Perfectionism Scale (Hewitt & Flett, 1990) was validated by using translation-back translation method to the Arabic language. General secondary examination consists of 10 Arabic and 10 Math questions. A simple random sampling method used to select (82) students. The students were divided for two experimental groups. The study relied on the quasi-experimental design as a method of study. Data was analyzed by used ANCOVA (analysis of covariance). Main results: ANCOVA was conducted to examine the effect of (manipulation) on two experimental groups regarding time testing (pre- post Arabic exam) and (pre-post Math exam), findings revealed showed a clear difference between pre and post manipulation on both Arabic and Math exams. The finding revealed no significant main effects of Perceived self –efficacy and perfectionism as moderators variables, while the Perceived self-efficacy was significant with Arabic exam and not with other variables. There were significant differences in the mean score for the pre-math exam in favor of males. Conclusion and recommendation: In other words, psychological stress plays a significant role in reducing the performance of students in the experimental group “2” (direct manipulation) in both the Arabic and Math exams. It is the researcher’s recommendation; Counselors could play an important role in assisting students who are suffering from psychological stress by preparing students for the future. These results are discussed, the study's limitations are also discussed, as well as possible future research directions on these topics.
- ItemTHE EFFECT OF USING BLENDED LEARNING IN ACHIEVEMENT AND SCIENTIFIC THINKING OF SIXTH GRADE STUDENTS IN LIFE AND SCIENCE IN THE QABATIA EDUCATION DIRECTORATE(جامعة النجاح الوطنية, 2022-07-14) Asad, FatemahThis study aimed to examine the effect of using blended learning in achievement and scientific thinking of sixth grade students in life and science in the Qabatia Education Directorate. This study attempted to answer the below main question: What is the effect of using blended learning in achievement and scientific thinking of sixth grade students in life and science in the Qabatia Education Directorate? The study sample consisted of (61) students from the sixth-grade at one of the Governmental Primary schools at Qabatia Education Directorate for the academic year 2021-2022. The students were selected by using an intentional sampling method, where the sample was divided into two groups, the first is an experimental group that consisted of (31) students, it was taught by using the blended learning strategy, and the other was a control group consisting of (30) students, and they were taught the normal way. Two tools were applied to the sample. The first tool was an achievement test about human body systems’ Unit from the Science and Life units of the Sixth-grade second semester. While, the other tool was using a scientific thinking test. The researcher however, verified the tools’ reliability and validity, and the study hypotheses were examined through the accompanying One-Way Analysis of Variance (One-Way ANCOVA). The results of the study showed that there were statistically significant differences between the sixth-grade students’ average score in both, the experimental and the control groups at the post-achievement test, due to the teaching strategy (normal, blended learning). This is in favor of the experimental group, which was taught by using the blended learning strategy. The results of the study also showed that there were no statistically significant differences at the significance level (α = 0.05) in the meanes score of the Sixth-grade students’ science thinking test of the (experimental, control group). Based on the researcher’s findings of this study, the researcher, accordingly recommends to include this strategy in the Science and Life curricula to all grades, other curriculums, and the teacher’s guide due to its positive impact on the students’ achievement, in addition, to the need to train teachers on how to use this strategy correctly.
- ItemTHE ROLE OF PRIMARY GOVERNMENT SCHOOL PRINCIPALS AND PRINCIPALS IN DEVELOPING ADMINISTRATIVE CREATIVITY FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF TEACHERS IN JERUSALEM CITY(2022-07-14) Abu Rmaileh, DalalThis study aimed to investigate "the role of primary government school principals and principals in developing administrative creativity from the point of view of teachers in the city of Jerusalem", and to identify the impact of some study variables (gender, age, educational qualification, and years of experience). The researcher used the descriptive analytical approach, where in this study the role of primary government school principals and principals in developing administrative creativity was studied. And addressing them, participating in decision-making and decision-making, improving the school environment, the relationship with the local community, extracurricular activities, and school supervision), the study population consisted of all (male and female) teachers in the city of Jerusalem, who numbered (1440) teachers, the researcher used a random sample Thus, the sample size was (318) male and female teachers, constituting (22%) of the study population. The results of the study indicated the following: 1. There is a high degree of response in the total degree to the role of primary government school principals and principals in developing administrative creativity from the point of view of teachers in the city of Jerusalem. 2. There are no statistically significant differences at the level of significance (α = 0.05) between the averages of the role of public primary school principals and principals in developing administrative creativity from the teachers' perspectives due to the variables of gender, age, educational qualification, and years of experience. In light of the results of the study, the researcher recommended a number of recommendations, the most important of which is the need for continuous administrative development of educational leaders in the school environment, by holding courses and workshops that urge the practice of creativity in its multiple ways, investing managers with more experience in cooperation to manage new schools, and encouraging them to implement and design strategies For creative work, creating material and moral conditions to help practice creativity in the school environment, and encourage principals to practice creative behavior in the various areas of administrative work.
- ItemThe Impact of Credit Risk on the Palestinian Sector Performance(جامعة النجاح الوطنية, 2021-12-15) Salahat, MahdiThis study aimed to identify The impact of Credit Risk on the Palestinian Banking Sector Performance, By answering the study questions related to the subject, and the study population consisted of banks operating in the Palestinian territories, a sample of (12) banks was taken from those banks, and the researcher used the descriptive approach by analyzing the financial data of Palestinian banks. The study reached several results, the most important of which are: the effect of the independent variables (non-performing loans, total loans, liquidity, capital adequacy, and the interest rate) on the dependent variable (the performance of the banking sector), as the non-performing loans variable inversely affects the dependent variable. The performance of the banking sector decreased, while the effect of the independent variables was (Total loans, liquidity, capital adequacy, and interest rate) directly on the dependent variable on the Banking Sector Performance, which means that its increase will lead to an increase in the performance of banks operating in Palestine. It was also noted, depending on the results of the study, that there was a statistically significant effect between credit risks and the performance of banks operating in Palestine, depending on the variables on which the study relied. At the end of the study, the researcher recommended several recommendations, most notably: the need for banks to conduct more standard market studies to put forward economic forecasts that come from the market, and not to be satisfied with financial analysis in itself. And the need for the banking administration to develop a culture and mechanisms for dealing with banking risks, and to indicate the danger of its absence, given the negative repercussions it has on the degree of banking security, in order to achieve the elements of discipline and financial stability.