Now showing 1 - 5 of 115
- ItemIMPACT OF USING COLLABORATIVE LEARNING STRATEGY ON IMPROVING 9TH GRADERS’ PERSONALITY AND SPEAKING SKILLS IN NABLUS PRIVATE AND UNRWA SCHOOLS(جامعة النجاح الوطنية, 2022-10-27) Mobarkeh, AroubAbstract This experimental study investigated the impact of using collaborative learning on improving 9th graders’ personality and speaking skills in Nablus-based private and UNRWA schools. Gender and the type of school variables were taken into account. To conduct this study, a pre-test and post-test were administrated a sample of 228 students. In addition to the test, the researcher used in-depth classroom observations of English classes as a supplementary tool to describe students' behavior and reactions to studying during collaborative learning. For data analysis, the researcher used a paired t-test and an independent sample t-test. The results showed improvement in students' pronunciation after using the collaborative learning strategy because they practiced the language in real-life situations. Also, it was found that students’ motivation toward learning English speaking increased because they broke the ice, and they became courageous enough to admit that making mistakes is allowed as long as a lesson is learned from those mistakes. Furthermore, it was found that the collaborative learning strategy positively affected students' personality skills. Based on these results, the researcher recommended employing the collaborative learning strategy in teaching speaking because speaking is an essential skill in English since it affects mastering reading, writing, and listening. It also encourages students to cooperate with each other, thus boosting their confidence in themselves. Key words: collaborative learning; 9th Graders; personality skills; speaking skills.
- ItemINVESTIGATING THE READINESS OF ICT PALESTINIAN ORGANIZATIONS FOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION(An-Najah National University, 2022-01-27) Abu Mansour, AymanBackground: The digital transformation (DT) shows the changes within society in all human life aspects. It became an important subject in the last decades both in academics and consultancy, due to the massive growth in digital technologies. Therefore, top management levels realize this significance, and they think about how to implement it within their organizations to get new opportunities, competitive advantages, new revenue streaming, and customer experience. On the other hand, DT implementation may face many challenges and barriers, which may lead to a risk of failure in implementation. In order to minimize this risk, they need to apply readiness assessment for the organizations prior to the DT considering it the initial stage of the process. Objective: In Palestine, the ICT sector experienced high growth. Penetration ratio of technology is high within Palestinian society, and government represented by MTIT gives the DT the highest priority in its agenda to improve all over governmental e-services that are offered to citizens. All of these factors have led the ICT and Telecom organizations in Palestine to consider the DT process the top point in their agenda. However, there is a considerable gap in digital transformation studies inside Palestine. Hence, this study aims to fill this gap and to measure the readiness of Palestinian Telecom, and ICT organization or DT process and implementation, since these sectors are considered the cornerstone in any DT process in the sense that if they are ready, all other sectors can follow them. Methodology: To fulfill the study objectives, the Digital Transformation Frame has been espoused to assess organizations’ readiness by shedding the light on four main factors and drivers in this research: the use of technology, value creation, and new products, organization structure change, and financial aspects. The quantitative approach is used by preparing a questionnaire targeting to assemble data that measure the mentioned factors. The survey sample has targeted top managerial or decision-making levels (Telecom, ISPs, ICT, and Software development) organizations. Furthermore, the quantitative results were validated by using semi-structure interviews approach with expertise in the targeted fields. Results: The results of statistical tests on collected data have shown that targeted organization are ready to proceed with DT for the four measured drivers. Results have also depicted that 82% of opinions that agreed on using the technology, and create marketing value and new products are main dimensions for apply and implement digital transformation. While 75% of the respondents have agreed that organizational structure and procedure change. Besides, 83.6% of the respondents have agreed that financial aspects constitute the driving force for implementing digital transformation. Results have also affirmed that there is a difference in respondents’ answers regarding the overall organization readiness for DT. Their answers juggle between the organization size based on the number of employees and the availability of IT department in the organization. Furthermore, the results have indicated a strong correlation among all dimensions, also with the main objective of the study since the lowest Spearman's correlation coefficient was (0.833) which is very high positive relation and near to one. Conclusion: This concludes that Palestinian Telecom and ICT organizations are ready for DT process. On the opposite side, interviews showed many challenges and obstacles related to Palestinian political situation which narrow and limit the expansion in DT process among different sectors. The outputs of this study can be regarded as a viable option to be used for other academic studies the same topic in Palestine, and may be used as reference for other organizations studies.
- ItemCHALLENGES FACING REFUGEE SINGLE WOMEN IN TULKARM CAMP (CASE STUDY)(An-Najah National University, 2022-02-05) Walwil, ManalThe study aimed to identify the challenges facing single women in Tulkarm camp in their different contexts including gender, singlehood, refugee status and living in Tulkarm camp; and the impact of these challenges on the social and economical life of single women,, in order to reach a better understanding of these challenges and to identify their causes by integrating their experiences as sigle- refugee women, which will help shed the light on the growing phenomenon of singlehood, which will constitute a starting point for interest in this segment of single women, and trying to find solutions to overcome the challenges they face The qualitative case study methodology was used to obtaine systematic and scientific access to information from the single women. The study population, was single refugees women living in Tulkarm camp, and a Purposive sample was selected which consisted of ten single- refugees women, whom their ages ranged from 30 to 66 years, semi-structured and in-depth interviews were the researcher's tool for data collection. The study concluded that single women in Tulkarm camp are subjected to stigmatization, stereotyping and discrimination more than other non-refugee or married women, as women, where they are placed in a lower social position than men by the culture and societal values, singlehood, which considered flawed social identity in A society that enhances the value of marriage and raises the status of married women, not to mention that they are refugees who are subjected to discrimination and marginalization because of their refugee status, and finally because they are living in Tulkarm camp, which is a stigmatized place by the community community in Tulkarm city and is viewed by its residents as a source of danger and economic instability for the surrounding community in Tulkarm, these things combined make single women in Tulkarm camp more vulnerable than other women in the community to opression and exploitation at both social and economic levels.
- ItemTHE EFFECTIVENESS OF A REALISTIC EXISTENTIAL GROUP COUNSELING PROGRAM TO IMPROVE THE MEANING OF LIFE AND SATISFY THE PSYCHOLOGICAL NEEDS OF PRISONERS' WIVES IN NABLUS GOVERNORATE(An-Najah National University, 2021-01-16) Dweikat, ManalThis study aimed at investigating the effectiveness of a realistic existential group counseling program to improve the meaning of life and satisfy the psychological needs of detainees' wives in Nablus governorate. To achieve this goal, the researcher used a quasi-experimental approach that is based on examining the impact of the independent variable (the counseling program) on the two dependent variables (the meaning of life and psychological needs). Two equivalent group designs were used with pre-test and post-test of two groups, a control one and an experimental one. The counseling program was delivered to the later while the former didn't receive any treatment. The study selected an available sample of 20 detainees' wives who obtained the lower scores in the meaning of life and psychological needs test. The symmetry approach was used to distribute the participants among the experimental and control groups, and every group contained 10 participants. the program benefited from the realistic and existential therapies techniques. The group counseling program was 18 sessions that lasted for two months and, and the duration of each session was (60) minutes. The statistical differences between the average pre-test of the control and experimental groups of the two dependent variables (the meaning of life and psychological needs) were measured, and there were no statistically significant differences, which indicated the equality of the study groups. The results of the paired samples t-Test indicated that there were significant differences between the averages of the pre and post-tests in the meaning of life and psychological needs and their domains of the experimental group in favor of the post-test, which in turn indicated that the realistic existential group counseling program was effective in improving the meaning of life and satisfy the psychological needs of the detainees' wives. Furthermore, the results of the multivariate analysis of covariance (MANCOVA) revealed that there were significant differences between the averages of the post-tests in the meaning of life and psychological needs and their domains for the experimental and control group in favor of the experimental group. Which in turn indicated that the group counseling program was effective in improving the meaning of their lives and satisfying their psychological needs compared to wives in the control group. In light of the findings, the current study recommended employing the techniques of realistic and existential therapies with the detainees’ wives who suffer from the lack of satisfaction of psychological needs and lost the meaning of life, and replicating this study on other groups.
- ItemVerifying the Annotation of Qalyubi on the Interpretation of al-Ghaya book for Ibn al Qasem al Gazzi, from the beginning of Khulu' of Marriage chapter to the end of Childs' Mothers Chapter(An-Najah National University, 2021-12-28) Suleiman, AhmadThis study aims at verifying part of the book "Alqalyobi commentary on Ibn Alqasem interpretation for Abu Shuja'a book" which written by Abu Al-Abbas Shehab Aldin Alqalyobi who died 1069 hijri. The study took the third part of the book from Khul’ [conditional divorce] chapter to the end of Mothers of Children chapter which is the end of the manuscript The study has two sections: the first: the introduction which contains: an introduction, the research problem, research goals, subject importance, reasons for choosing subject, literature reviews, verifying method and procedures, and the definition of the author and the interpreter. The second section: contains the verified text. It contains four chapters: The first one: the completion of marriage chapter, second chapter: ruling of Felonies. Third chapter: ruling of Penalties. Fourth chapter: Rulings of Al-Jihad. Fifth Chapter: Ruling of Hunting and Slaughtering and Food. Sixth Chapter: Ruling of Wager and Throwing. Seventh Chapter: Ruling of Swearing and Vows. Eighth Chapter: Ruling of Judgeship and Witness. Ninth Chapter: Ruling of Emancipation