Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
Permanent URI for this community
Browsing Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 67
Results Per Page
- ItemAbsence of legal slaughterhouse and its impact on health(2018-08-09) Harb, Yasmeen; Salman, Rawan; Samar, WesamThe health of the individual is one of the most important things to pay attention and the first concerns about the health of the individual follow the attention to the safety of the food he is eating
- ItemAcademic Performance & Food Intake(2017-05-01) Hejazi, Sundos; Anabtawi, OlaTo explore associations between academic performance and food intake at An- Najah university students, because what we eat, directly influences our brains.
- ItemBicycle Blender of Energy Balance(2019-05-19) Sabbah, Yara; Nazzal, Jannat; Irshaid, AlmaA blinder bike which is a bike with an attached blender powered entirely by its rider. https://prezi.com/view/FSbUwhFB1SW5YRkAa7RH/?fbclid=IwAR1uUtA5H2S81n7DXI8uYftn1X3AwAqSUgFKm9Pyt0YV1nKZMIaBSESsK8A
- ItemBiology and Management of Downy Mildew Disease on Cucumber Grown Under Plastic-house Conditions(2020-07-02) Draghmeh, Ahmad; Awashra, Hassan; Abu Saif, Hisham; Mezyed, Osaid; Batta, YaqoubCucurbit downy mildew caused by Pseudoperonospora cubensis is currently the most destructive disease of cucumbers for both ﬁeld and glass-house production in Europe and elsewhere (Lebeda 1984). Knowing the biology and ecology of the pathogen may serve in preventing the disease and in knowing the basic abiotic factor influencing infection with P. cubensis is the free leaf moisture
- ItemBYE BYE MAGGI(2018-05-06) AYAD, GHADEER; MUDALLAL, SAMERMSG, which stands for monosodium glutamate, is the sodium salt of glutamic acid. Glutamic acid is actually a common amino acid that occurs naturally in a range of food like, tomatoes and dried mushrooms, and it’s what makes those foods taste so flavorful and good. It’s also found human breast milk. MSG has an intense umami quality ― umami is essentially a savory flavor that doesn’t fall into the salty, sweet, sour or bitter categories of taste. It is basically umami in crystalline form.
- ItemChemical Analysis Of Three Wild Edible Plants To Determine There Nutritional Content(2020-07-05) Hamed, Roaa; Ashqar, Zainab; Irshaid , AlmaThere are many edible wild plants, widespread in Palestinian society, usually grow in the Various months of the year, and these wild edible plants are used in traditional recipes.
- ItemClassification of Pneumonic Sheep Lung From Slaughterhouse According to Histopathology(2018-05-16) Hroub, Mohammad; Jibreen, Alaa; Fayyad, AdnanPneumonia is considered as one of the most common disease affecting sheep. Its responsible for major economic losses through high lamb mortality rates, reduced weight gain, condemnation of lungs in slaughterhouses. In addition to the cost of medical therapy and vaccinations against infectious causes of pneumonia (Jones et al., 1982; Goodwin et al., 2004).
- ItemCleft grafting of almond and apricot onto GF677 rootstock(2021-05-27) Badran, Sameer; Abd, Yaseen; Mashni, RaneenRecently, stone fruit plantation has been is increased in the West Bank , mainly under treated waste water, therefore there is a need for producing stone fruit trees, the attributes of the GF rootstock make is appropriate for our soil and climate conditions, as well as irrigation. propagating of the GF is difficult and has to be through different technique, the rootstock is difficult to be imported , and there are many restrictions to purchase it from Israel, therefore, producing the GF rootstock commercially is vital and important to support fruit tree plantation in the West Bank.
- ItemCommercial Forms of Fermented Sesame Cake By S. Boulardii(2018-12-20) Sadder, Hiba; Altamimi, MohammadSesame (Sesamum indicum L.) is a plant of high nutritious value with a high amount of proteins composed mainly of sulfur-amino acids (methionine), essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, amongst them, calcium is found in high concentration .
- ItemComparison Between Intravenous Regional Analgesia and Nerve Block, Onset of Action and Efficacy on Desensitization of Distal Forelimb In Equines(2018-05-08) Nihad, Mohammad; Abo-Rashed, Marah; Khraim, NimerThe most common hazards of equine is lameness due to problems in there distal limbs.Which may need a surgical intervention that cause pain. Lameness In Equine,Causes negative impact on animal working ability, anorexia, sever pain and affect reproductive.All of these may lead to significant economic loss.
- ItemDate Seeds(2018-12-20) Saleh, Wisam; Jaber, Mawadda; Awayes, Sarah; Abu-Kafi, Sali; Altamimi, MohammadDate seeds considered a waste product of many date processing plants producing pitted dates, date syrup and date confectionery.Date seeds (pits) comprise 6–12 % of total weight in date stage (completely ripe date fruit), depending on variety and quality grade.Currently, seeds are used mainly for animal feeds in the cattle, sheep, camel and poultry industries.
- ItemThe detection of the most suitable salinity adapted barley cultivar(2017) Salman, Subhi; Shtaya, MonqezBarley is the 4th planted plant in the international rank .during to its economical , industrial benefits . Barley is one of the most plant that adapted to the saline water and soil . Barley crop adapted to the dry areas .Because of this benefits we decided to determine which is the best landraces VAR in the saline conditions.
- ItemDetermination of Total Protein and Albumin in Assaf Sheep in Palestine(2021-01-06) Khalil, Noor; Abu Salha, Adnan; Abu Omar, JamalThe Palestinians are one of the peoples in the world most dependent on food abroad, and the agricultural sector is declining, as it contributed about 5% of the gross national product in 2009 compared to 13% in 1993. This decline has many causes, including Israeli policies of land expropriation, limited control over water resources, and the difficulty of exporting to foreign markets.
- ItemDietary Habits Amongst a Group of Palestinian ASD Children(2018-12-20) Arafat, Jamila; Altamimi, MohammadAutism is a complex neurobehavioral condition that includes impairments in social interaction and developmental language and communication skills combined with rigid, repetitive behaviors. Because of the range of symptoms, this condition is now called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It covers a large spectrum of symptoms, skills, and levels of impairment. ASD ranges in severity from a handicap that somewhat limits an otherwise normal life to a devastating disability that may require institutional care.
- ItemEat Slower to Eat Better(2018-05-09) Kittaneh, Salwa; Irshaid, AlmaEating behavior is a totally new scientific field. Currently, we can only observe and describe eating patterns. For example, we have noticed that people who seem to eat at a reasonable pace use the fork 60 to 75 times during meals lasting from 20 to 30 minutes.
- ItemEducational Tools (Nutrition Games)(2017-05-01) Hithnawi, Afaf; Balalta, Seema; Dameh, Aida; Anabtawi, OlaRising child with a healthy nutritional habits is not easy especially with a temptations of junk food, , and since children enjoy games we thought of making a combination of both a games and nutritional information .
- ItemEffect of Antihistamine on Acceleration of Wound healing in Rabbits(2018-05-16) Abu Malash, Monjed; Shalabi, Abdel Hafeeth; Khraim, NimerWound healing or wound repair is the natural process of regeneration of tissue after injured. The surgical intervention may need for treat of some diseases in animal . Because is more stress and painful for animal and may lead to decrease of productivity of animal and may cause more economic loss. Difficulty to keep the wound clean and control the contamination and infection. Especially in veterinary medicine and because the environment of the farm that not easy to control the infection as much as in OP and recovery room.
- ItemEffect of Bacteria on Germination of Barley Grown Under Wide Salt Range Stress(2018-05-16) Sakhen, Wael; Daragmeh, Omar; Al-Fares, Ansam; Qarash, Donia; Jabi, Abdullah; Howari, Nidal; Ayoub, Mohammad; Al-Fares , HebaBarley is the fourth most important cereal crop in the world after Wheat, Maize and rice. Barley originated in or near the area bordering Syria and Iraq with Iran and Turkey ( fertile crescent). Barley can adapted under semiarid condition and most tolerance cereal for extream condition of salinity and drought. Barley economic importance: Barley was mainly cultivated and used for human food. Producing malt(beer). Nowadays its primarily use for animal feed. Salinity is a problem of great concern. This problem restricts crops yield on almost 40 million hectares of irrigated lands, due increasing worlds population and food need, it is recommended to use all available soil and water resources. Many studies confirmed the inhibitory effect of salinity on the germination, vegetative growth and yield of barley and other crops.
- ItemEffect of cupping on Blood Parameters and cortisone(2019-12-23) Estaity, Souhaib; Farahat, Mustaffa; Ghazzi, Yahya; Nazzal, Abdelfattah; Jaber, Mayyada; Yassin, Sondos; Khraim, NimerIn this study cupping therapy was effective, simple and of economic treatment. cupping, puncturing and cupping (CPC) method which includes six short simple steps: marking skin, sterilization, first cupping, puncturing, second cupping and sterilization.
- ItemEffect of Different Edible Coating Solutions on the Quality and Shelf-Life of Strawberry (Fragaria Ananasa)(2019-05-19) Hamdan, Fathia; Ammar, Mohamad; Sabbah,MohamadImproving quality and extending shelf-life of strawberry & Extraction protein from industrial by-product. .